Tabs3 Billing Software and PracticeMaster, the award-winning industry standards for legal billing software and practice management software, have now been enhanced by the most significant new release in over a decade.
E-mail Batches of Statements
Save time, paper, and postage by using Tabs3 to automate the e-mailing of statements. The new E-mail Statements feature allows you to decide which clients will receive statements by e-mail, mail, or both. For clients who receive statements by e-mail, Tabs3 automatically generates e-mail messages that can include client information. A PDF statement is attached to the e-mail, which can optionally be password protected for extra security. Before e-mails are sent, you can preview them and make any last-minute edits.
The PracticeMaster Matter Manager makes it easy to find everyday information, and stay organized. When a client calls and asks about the status of a case, find all the information you need right away. Matter Manager starts with quick access to contact information for everyone involved in the case. Then it adds a list of all activity, including documents, e-mails, notes, and appointments. You can see which of these have been converted to fees and easily convert those that haven’t. You can also pull up a billing summary to find the current balance, last statement date, trust account balances, and more. Finally you can customize the toolbar at the bottom for quick access to the practice management tools you use the most, including a matter-specific calendar that shows all court dates and appointments.
Automate your front and back office with PracticeMaster WorkFlows. WorkFlows start tasks automatically after you perform a particular action. For example, when you save a new client you can have PracticeMaster automatically generate a thank you letter, open a pre-filled follow-up appointment, and create an e-mail to your billing clerk. Include up to 10 actions that will occur as a result of any WorkFlow. Actions include creating records, changing existing records, starting e-mails, starting or sending documents, displaying messages, running reports, launching other PracticeMaster tasks or launching other programs. You can also manually launch a WorkFlow in addition to associating it to another event or action.
Version 16 of Tabs3 and PracticeMaster has one contact list for your clients, prospective clients, related parties, colleagues, and any other individuals or organizations involved in your cases. The unified contact list is used by Tabs3, PracticeMaster, and Tabs3 Trust Accounting Software. In PracticeMaster, you can journal e-mails and save documents for any contact; not only for clients. You can also synchronize all contacts, including clients, to Outlook so that they will synchronize with your smartphone.
Formerly Client Server Version, Platinum is the highest level Tabs3 and PracticeMaster. It utilizes state of the art database technology to give the fastest performance, lowest possible network impact, and powerful features. As your firm grows, Platinum programs will scale with you, limiting degradation in performance caused by processing increasing amounts of data.
Exclusive Platinum features include:
- Auto-Recovery – Platinum’s Auto-Recovery feature protects your firm's data. The software takes a snapshot of your data as each transaction or process starts. If a process, such as Update Statements, is interrupted by a lost network connection or a power outage, the software automatically rolls back the process so that no error occurs and you do not need to restore from a backup.
- Accelerators – Platinum’s Accelerator technology speeds up reports, column sorting, and list filtering. If your firm has a large data file, lots of users, or a congested network, Accelerators can offer significant results. While any comparison depends greatly on the hardware and data file involved, large firms typically see their most common reports processed 10 to 30 times faster than with the multi-user version of Tabs3 and PracticeMaster. For example a report that typically takes 30 seconds to process may take only a second.
- HotBackup – HotBackup allows you to perform backups without anyone exiting the software. Normal daily work continues. You do not need to stay late into the evening to run a backup. This eliminates the downtime typically associated with the otherwise exclusive task of running a backup. HotBackup allows you to e-mail notifications upon each HotBackup success or error.
- eNote – Platinum includes eNote intra-office messaging in PracticeMaster. Sometimes you cannot wait for someone to find your e-mail in an overflowing inbox. Other times you need to tell someone something while on the phone. When you receive an eNote, it pops up on your screen. You can easily reply, forward or dismiss it. If you don't want to be bothered, you can set your status to "Do Not Disturb," and read your eNotes later. You can also use eNote to send co-workers links to appointments or any other record for quick reference.
- Log Off User – Safely log off users to easily do maintenance work such as installing updates. When you start the log off process, you can send a message to each user telling them what is happening. This gives them a chance to finish their work and exit. Your message also includes a countdown that shows them how long they have until they are logged off.
- Exchange Connector – Platinum’s Exchange Connector synchronizes PracticeMaster calendars and contacts with Microsoft Exchange. Because Microsoft Exchange is always on, appointments and contacts on your smartphone are synchronized with PracticeMaster even when your computer is off. That means people at the office will be able to see appointments that you add on your phone.
Platinum SQL, an optional upgrade to Platinum, is designed to use 64-bit server capabilities for faster data queries in external 64-bit programs, such as Microsoft Access® and Excel®. Platinum SQL will also allow firms to access Tabs3 and PracticeMaster data with their existing Microsoft SQL servers and includes a server performance tracking dashboard.